Although there’s no particular dress code for what to wear in Morocco, you should appreciate their customs. Morocco is a Muslim country so modesty is respected & you should consider this when deciding what to wear in Morocco.
Local women dress in a variety of ways. Older women will often have their hair covered whereas younger people will dress in more casual clothing but their shoulders and legs are still always covered up.
Although Morocco is becoming increasingly more touristic, you’ll receive a lot fewer stares & comments from men if you dress appropriately.
However, we of course still need to get our fashionable Instagram shots so here’s a few styles that’ll make you look amazing while staying conservative.
- Culottes are a great choice; they cover up your legs but are still easy breezy so you feel comfortable & can still handle the Moroccan heat.
- Mom/Crop jeans can be worn with any top so if you don’t have much space, a pair of jeans may be a good shout. You could wear them every day without looking the same by just switching it up with different blouses.
- Maxi skirts are a perfect addition to your Morocco wardrobe, especially the flowy ones. They give you full coverage while keeping you cool. They’re also flattering for everyone & it means you get a day off from shaving ya legs! ?
- Don’t go TOO maxi. If your dress drags on the floor, you will not be happy at the end of the day. There is plenty of dirt, water & animal poo on the floor.
- A lot of the prettiest high street jumpsuits have thin straps so to cover your shoulders, just style it with a lightweight scarf or cardigan.
- I pretty much lived in my vans throughout my trip and my New Look sandals that are are about 3 years old. Cheap and durable! I’ll attach a link to a similar version that’s available this year.
More tips on what to wear in Morocco
- Sunglasses are an essential accessory!
- You can wear swimsuits & bikinis inside your riad/hotel.
- Use packing cubes to organise & maximise space in your suitcase/backpack.
- Similar to any other country, make sure that you have a day bag that zips up to keep your belongings safe from pickpockets.
- Pack leggings that you can wear under maxi skirts & culottes when it’s a bit chilly.
Enjoy your time in Morocco!